Friday, August 31, 2007

Anne of Green Gables by L M Montgomery

Title: Anne of Green Gables
Author:
L M Montgomery
ISBN:
1853261394
Publisher:
Wordsworth Classics
First Published:
1908
No. of pages:
280
Format:
Paperback
Rating:
7/10

Synopsis:
When Anne Shirley "erupts" into the Cuthberts's lives, they don't realize how fond they will become of the red-haired orphan. Both entertained and exasperated by her constant chatter and imaginings, they soon find it hard to remember what Green Gables was like without its adopted daughter.

Review:
I never would have read this book if it weren't for the Book Club Forum Reading Circle, as it never appealed to me, even as a child, but I am very glad I did, as it is absolutely enchanting! Although if I'd met Anne in person, I possibly would have found her constant chatter highly annoying, she has such a sunny and positive disposition that I think she's pretty much impossible to dislike! Watching her overcome obstacles and achieve goals, all with a smile on her face and a wonderful adventure on her mind, was some of the most fun reading I've had in a very long while.


There was quite a lot about the story that I could predict far, far in advance, but I simply didn't care - I wanted to read on anyway and was rather sad to finish it in the end!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home