Saturday, July 23, 2005

Dead to the World by Charlaine Harris

Author: Charlaine Harris
ISBN # 1841493708
321 pages

If I hadn't read the previous 3 books in the series (Dead Until Dark, Living Dead in Dallas & Club Dead), this book would have made slightly less sense (having none of the background story) but pretty much holds up as a stand-alone story in its own right.

I can't believe I happened upon this author by sheer chance (a bookclub offered the 1st three books as a single choice & they looked interesting, so I ordered them, & boy was I glad I did!). I'll now be looking out for other titles by Harris as well as the 5th installment of the Sookie Stackhouse books.

There's not really much I can say without giving away huge chunks of the plot, so all I'll say is that we have the slightly telepathic Sookie getting embroiled in the business of vampires, weres & Witches while hunting for her missing brother, Jason, with some fiendishly good plot-twists & devilishly well-drawn characters.

I can't wait to get my hands on Dead as a Doornail!

Rating: 8/10

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home