Thursday, August 11, 2005

Superstition by David Ambrose

Author: David Ambrose
ISBN # 0330367447
419 pages

In a word: Gripping. Want another one? How about intriguing? Or engrossing? An absolutely absorbing page-turner. Altogether un-put-downable.

To start with, I wasn't sure I was going to enjoy this book, despite it being on a subject which has most often provided me with hours of reading pleasure - the supernatural & the power of the mind. A group of eight volunteers agree to take part in a scientific experiment to create a ghost with spectacular results. Then things take an unexpected turn, leaving the group in a most unusual position as the thing they have created decides it has a mind - and a life - of its own.

I'd never even heard of this author before picking this book up by chance in the library, but Mr. Ambrose has made quite an impression on me & I shall be looking out for more of his work on my next visit.

Rating: 9/10

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home