Saturday, September 10, 2005

Storm Front (Book one of the Dresden Files) by Jim Butcher

Author: Jim Butcher
ISBN # 1 84149 398 8
341 pages

I can feel nothing but major disappointment over a book that has taken me the best part of a week to get through & yet was less than 600 pages long. Let's just say it's not exactly a gripping read. I was 3/4 way through the bloody thing before anything really started happening & even then, it wasn't terribly exciting - no page-turner!

Actually, having visited the official site of Jim Butcher, I wish I'd got hold of the talking book instead, as it appears to have been read by James Marsters (who I adore, even though he sounds like he's putting on an accent when he speaks American, which is weird coz he's American - I think I just got used to his British accent as Spike in Buffy the Vampire Slayer - LOL!).

Anyway, having wasted £6.99 on this book, I can't see me picking up the following 6 sequels as I was bored from start to finish.

If you want a really well-written, gripping tale of murder, mystery & magick, you're far better off getting hold of the Rowan Gant Mysteries by M R Sellars http://www.mrsellars.com/indexB.htm

Rating: 2/10

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home